Should You Replace, Reface or Refinish Your Cabinets?
N-Hance of Salt Lake City: (801) 938-9925
Find the best option for your home in Salt Lake City, UT.
Refinishing your kitchen cabinets is the most affordable option. It should be the first choice for any kitchen renovation plan. Not many people are aware of how cabinet refinishing is carried out today. Thus, many homeowners remove and throw away cabinets that could have easily been updated through affordable & durable refinishing. Cabinet refinishing technology has improved significantly over recent years.
Previously, refinishing cabinets necessitated a huge amount of labor. The process involved removing, sanding, and then reinstalling the serviced cabinets. This invariably resulted in a tremendous mess and a lot of time. Hence, cabinet refinishing was not the most appealing choice.
Now, cabinet refinishing is the most convenient and affordable option, without sacrificing quality. The complete process takes place in your home and does not require the removal of your cabinets. Refinishing can be completed within a few days and is much less expensive than cabinet replacement or refacing.
Cabinet replacement is a large-scale kitchen renovation that carries the largest price tag between refinishing, refacing & replacing. For this process, your existing cabinets will be removed and replaced with brand new cabinets.
You can make significant changes to your kitchen layout and adjust the number of cabinets you have. Replacing your cabinets offers you new possibilities, but it is not a cheap option.
According to current market trends, the price of a standard full kitchen renovation costs around $50,000. Of course, various factors will affect that price.
Refacing your cabinets involves completely replacing the existing cabinet doors, fixtures and visible surfaces with a new face or veneer. Some cabinet refacing projects can take as long as five days, and that’s not even including the week or more it can take to order the doors and veneers. This works well for homeowners who want a new shape for their cabinet doors and drawers but don’t have plans to change the existing kitchen cabinet layout.
If you plan to reface your cabinets, you can expect to pay somewhere between $10,000 and $15,000. The final cost will ultimately depend on the size of your kitchen and the various options you choose.
Cabinet Refinishing is an innovative process that costs much less than cabinet replacement or refacing.
As the name suggests, cabinet refinishing entails restoring the original finish of your existing cabinets. Cabinet refinishing begins with a complete cleansing and degreasing of your cabinets’ wooden surfaces. Repairs to any damaged areas then follow. At this point, you can choose to either restore the original finish of your cabinets or refinish them in a different color.
Our process is typically 1/3 the cost of cabinet refacing and 1/5 the cost of replacing your cabinets.
N-Hance takes a unique approach to the cabinet refinishing process. Our products and techniques are made specifically for kitchen cabinets. Thanks to our comprehensive research and development, we possess the preparation & finishing methods that give our projects optimal effectiveness, efficiency, and durability.
We use a patented & sandless renewal technique to degrease, clean, and restore your cabinets’ existing finish without leaving any mess or odors behind. Most of our work also takes place in your home. We are able to provide durable, factory-style finishes with optimal efficiency and economy. This means that our services cost far less than cabinet replacement or refacing without sacrificing quality.
We offer 3 different types of refinishing services:
Basic Cabinet Renewal, Color Change, Custom Color Options.
Step 1: Prep & Detail
- After consultation and being certain of your desires for your cabinets, we get to work.
- Preparation of the job site is accomplished by masking and draping the work area to protect your property.
- We remove knobs and other hardware
- If needed, we will patch and fill any cracks and gaps in the wood to make it look new again.
Step 2: Cleaning
- Here we remove dust and debris on and around the cabinets. We use our unique cleaning solution to clean the surfaces.
- Our cleaning draws dirt out of the porous wood
- To ensure the area is completely dust-free, we remove and clean air vents
Step 3: Apply Finish
- We “remove the grain raise”, which simply means making the wood smoother, and remove contaminants.
- Sealer is applied
- For a color change, we spray 3 to 5 coats of stain on each piece. (With color shift jobs, color coats are applied by hand.)
- Cabinets are then dried (often with a fan).
- We polish the cabinets before adding a finish. This is also known as burnishing.
Step 4: Add Protective Finish
- A clear coat is applied to protect the stain from rubbing off in the future
- After a short dry time, a second coat is applied.
- (For floors, we use our Lightspeed technology to instantly cure the finish)
Step 5: Inspection
- We want you to be happy with the results!
- We inspect every piece and place it all back together. We wait for your inspection and okay to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- N-Hance of Salt Lake City has a full customer satisfaction guarantee!
Step 6: In-Home Maintenance
- When your cabinet renewal is complete, we will leave you with care instructions. Every service includes a maintenance kit with more instructions and tools to care for your newly renewed cabinets.
Read what our customers are saying about their experience with N-Hance of Salt Lake City:
“Great Customer Service! Quick and professional. Whenever we would email Rick with a question, he was quick to respond. So helpful; and our 1958 mid-century modern kitchen has been perfectly brought back to life.” “I can’t thank you enough for the beautiful job that you did at my home. The vanity that you brought back to life looks so good you would never guess that it wasn’t a brand new installation. The cost to refurbish the vanity through N-Hance was a small fraction of the cost it would have been to replace the damaged piece. Also, your customer service was both professional and reliable. I won’t hesitate to use your company again when your services are needed.” “They refinished our cabinets and made sure to get it exactly how we wanted. They turned out perfect! Nate and Taylor do exceptional work and are clean and fast, yet detailed. Taylor also stained a new wooden door for us and refinished our rosewood table from China. The table looks incredible now and the door is one of the most beautiful doors I’ve seen. I’m so glad they are both in my kitchen! Taylor takes pride in his work, is very detail oriented and always goes the extra mile. We loved working with this company!” “I had the kitchen cabinets refinished and they did an outstanding job. The end result appears better than the original finish. Best part is that these folks are professional in every aspect. They are punctual, friendly, courteous, and helpful. Very well run company. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.”
Additional Cabinet Services:
We can also provide various hardware, hinges, rollouts, crown molding, and other add-ons. N-Hance’s services offer efficiency, effectiveness, and economy unparalleled in the market.
In most cases, our clients end up with money left over from their initial budget. This allows you to spend the leftover funds on other kitchen renovation options such as new countertops, backsplashes or appliances.