If you love your old cabinets but they are beginning to look worn from years and years of use, N-Hance cabinet refinishing is a great option to choose. By refinishing your cabinets, N-Hance completely revitalizes the look without the frustrations of typical wood refinishing, and it can be offered at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods – with most jobs complete in just one or two days. This process will extend the life and luster of your cabinets for years to come.
The Classic Cabinet Refinishing job requires no color shift or color change and has minimal wear on the wood surface. We remove the build-up of grease and dirt and touch up where needed. You will love the shine and luster this service brings to your tired cabinets.
There is no dust, mess or odor and in many cases, the job can be completed in just one day. Our N-Hance craftsman removes the grease and dirt buildup that can make wood look flat and lifeless over time. The N-Hance refinishing process thoroughly cleans the surface, removes old coatings, repairs damaged areas with less mess and applies an elegant finish. You will love the brilliant results.
The Stages of the N-Hance Wood Refinishing Process
Our variety of services range from a color shift to a complete color change for both cabinets and wood flooring. Here’s an outline of our processes for a full cabinet color change, but all of our services run a very similar process.
Step 1: Prep & Detail
- After consultation and being certain of your desires for your cabinets, we get to work.
- Preparation of the job site is accomplished by masking and draping the work area to protect your property.
- We remove knobs and other hardware.
- If needed, we will patch and fill any cracks and gaps in the wood to make it look new again.
Step 2: Cleaning
- Here we remove dust and debris on and around the cabinets. We use our unique cleaning solution to clean the surfaces.
- Our cleaning draws dirt out of the porous wood.
- To ensure the area is completely dust-free, we remove and clean air vents.
Step 3: Apply Finish
- We “remove the grain raise”, which simply means making the wood smoother, and remove contaminants.
- Sealer is applied.
- For a color change, we spray 3 to 5 coats of stain on each piece. (With color shift jobs, color coats are applied by hand.)
- Cabinets are then dried (often with a fan).
- We polish the cabinets before adding a finish. This is also known as burnishing.
Step 4: Add Protective Finish (applies to Color Shift and Color Change only)
- A clear coat is applied to protect the stain from rubbing off in the future.
- After a short dry time, a second coat is applied.
- (For floors, we use our Lightspeed technology to instantly cure the finish)
Step 5: Inspection
- We want you to be happy with the results!
- We inspect every piece and place it all back together. We wait for your inspection and O.K. to ensure your satisfaction.
- N-Hance of Franklin has a full customer satisfaction guarantee!
Step 6: In-Home Maintenance
- When your cabinet renewal is complete, we will leave you with care instructions. Every service includes a maintenance kit with more instructions and tools to care for your newly renewed cabinets.