Rethink Refinishing® with a complete cabinet Color Change. If you are looking to revamp the look of your kitchen in a dramatic way, a color change is what you need. Often the change will involve going from a golden oak or whitewash finish to a cherry, walnut or black tone. You will fall in love with the result of this transformation. It’s a great way to give your kitchen a new look and change the entire feel of a room. The Cabinet Color Change typically takes 3-5 days to complete.
The Stages of the N-Hance Wood Refinishing Process
We have a range of different service from a color shift to a complete color change for both cabinets and wood flooring. Here’s an outline of our processes for a full cabinet color change, but all of our services run a very similar process.
Step 1: Prep & Detail
- After consultation and being certain of your desires for your cabinets, we get to work.
- Preparation of the job site is accomplished by masking and draping the work area to protect your property.
- We remove knobs and other hardware.
- If needed, we will patch and fill any cracks and gaps in the wood to make it look new again.
Step 2: Cleaning
- Here we remove dust and debris on and around the cabinets. We use our unique cleaning solution to clean the surfaces.
- Our cleaning draws dirt out of the porous wood.
- To ensure the area is completely dust-free, we remove and clean air vents.
Step 3: Apply Finish
- We “remove the grain raise”, which simply means making the wood smoother, and remove contaminants.
- Sealer is applied.
- For a color change, we spray 3 to 5 coats of stain on each piece. (With color shift jobs, color coats are applied by hand.)
- Cabinets are then dried (often with a fan).
- We polish the cabinets before adding a finish. This is also known as burnishing.
Step 4: Add Protective Finish (applies to Color Shift and Color Change only)
- A clear coat is applied to protect the stain from rubbing off in the future.
- After a short dry time, a second coat is applied.
- (For floors, we use our Lightspeed technology to instantly cure the finish)
Step 5: Inspection
- We want you to be happy with the results!
- We inspect every piece and place it all back together. We wait for your inspection and O.K. to ensure your satisfaction.
- N-Hance of Franklin has a full customer satisfaction guarantee!
Step 6: In-Home Maintenance
- When your cabinet renewal is complete, we will leave you with care instructions. Every service includes a maintenance kit with more instructions and tools to care for your newly renewed cabinets.