Back to Top
N-HANCE OF SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN
Watch the steps we take to transform these old, outdated cabinets and give them an updated, durable, & modern look at a fraction of the cost of replacing the cabinets altogether.
- After consultation and being certain of your desires for your cabinets, we get to work.
- The preparation of the job site is accomplished by masking and draping the work area to protect your property.
- We remove knobs, handles and other hardware.
- Cabinet doors & drawers are carefully removed and taken to our shop to be refinished.
- If needed, we will patch and fill any cracks and gaps in the wood to make it look new again.
- Here we remove dust and debris on and around the cabinets. We use our unique cleaning solution to clean the surfaces.
- Our cleaning draws dirt out of the porous wood.
- We use a special, proprietary cleaner that removes all the contaminants that can cause paint to peel.
- Instead of wall primer, we use a primer especially made for cabinets which blocks stains and bleedthrough.
- We “remove the grain raise”, which simply means making the wood smoother, and remove contaminates. Sealer is then applied.
- For a color change, we spray 3 to 5 coats of stain on each piece.
- Your color will be mixed with our unique polyurethane blend which is resistant to chipping and peeling.
- Cabinets are then dried (often with a fan).
- A clear coat is applied to protect the stain from rubbing off in the future.
- After a short dry time, a second coat is applied.
- We then use our Lightspeed technology to instantly cure the finish.
- This UV light creates an immediate, rock-hard durable finish.