You might be surprised how quickly kitchen cabinets get dirty—probably because cabinet surfaces often do a great job at hiding dirt, stains, and grime. So the next time you’re deep cleaning your kitchen, remember it’s about more than just the countertops and floors. Cabinets need routine care, too.
As the leader for cabinet painting in Brookings, we know how to care for cabinets from top to bottom, and from the inside out. Removing grease, steam, food spills, dust and other grime from surfaces helps make sure your cabinets will last even longer.
Deep cleaning your cabinets doesn’t have to be an arduous task—and it doesn’t have to take too long, either. Here are a few tips from the N-Hance professionals that do cabinet refinishing in Brookings:
- Stick to effective, eco-friendly commercial cleaners. Murphy’s Oil Soap works well.
- Make your own cleaning solution with natural ingredients like vinegar, warm water, and dishwashing detergent.
- Clean your cabinets using a soft cloth.
- Avoid scrubbing too hard. Gently rub the solution on your cabinets and repeat the process.
- Use a cloth that’s damp with the cleaning solution—not too wet or saturated as this can damage the finish on your cabinets.
- Remember to scrub and polish cabinet door handles and pulls, too.
- For caked on stains and cabinet crevices, use a toothbrush dipped in a cleaning solution. A paste using vinegar and salt works well, too. Scrub gently and repeat as needed.
- Wipe down your cabinet boxes and the inside of your cabinets.
- When finished, use a soft cloth lightly damp with warm water to wipe your cabinet surfaces and remove any residue.
- Dry your cabinets using a soft, dry towel.
- Finish up by buffing your cabinets using vegetable oil and vinegar. Apply the solution lightly to the surface of your cabinets using a soft cloth until they shine.
Cabinet Painting & Cabinet Refinishing In Brookings
If your cabinets are worn, dingy, or outdated, they may need a new coat of finish. N-Hance Wood Refinishing of Sioux Falls can help with industry-leading cabinet painting and cabinet refinishing in Brookings.
With help from our team, your cabinets will look as good as new—and all for a price you can afford.