Remodeling your kitchen can be a tricky and sometimes expensive home project. N-Hance Wood Refinishing of Jacksonville, FL has seen many mistakes made in a kitchen remodel. This list gives you some fair warning on what not to do!
Here is a list of mistakes to avoid when you’re renovating your kitchen:
1. Overpaying. Paying too much when remodeling your kitchen may be the biggest mistake you can make. There are so many different styles remodel that can get pretty pricey. It can be the material you want to use, the amount of time the project will take, or just going with a company that wants to over-charge you. Of course, spending a fair amount of money on durable appliances will save you money in the long run, but you don’t have to overspend on things like cabinets.
2. Not doing your research. When you’re working on something as big as your kitchen, you want to make sure that you do your research. There are so many different brands, models, and materials of everything from cabinets to fridges to flooring. It is so important to educate yourself on all the options possible. This could make a major difference in the completion time, cost, and results of the remodel.
3. Forgetting to pre-organize. Like doing your research, it may equally be as important to plan out how you will use the space you have. It’s important to plan and layout outlets, appliances, functionality, and overall appearance. Make a list of everything you have in your kitchen and make sure it all has a new home in your kitchen blueprint.
4. Not considering the future. It’s possible that this isn’t the first time that you have remodeled your kitchen. And maybe that last time that you remodeled you made quite a few mistakes. Living with these mistakes can drive you crazy. Consider going for a more classic look rather than a trendier one. Those bright colored cabinets might look nice now, but will they still be in style in 2 years even? Neutral color will allow you to customize your kitchen without refinishing your cabinets each time.
5. Not budgeting a little extra for unexpected costs. If it can go wrong, there is a good possibility that it will. That it kind of the motto in any type of remodel. Its critical that you put aside a little bit of your budget to cover unexpected costs.
6. Not having fun with it. Try not to let it stress you out! Have fun and be creative! Make it an experience that you enjoy and can look back on as a fond memory. Heck, you can even save on the stress by having us do a lot of the work for you!
What mistakes do you think it’s important to avoid when remodeling? If we missed any, let us know in the comments!