The Stages of the N-Hance Wood Refinishing Process
Step 1: Prep & Detail
- After our consultation and being certain of your desires for your cabinets, we get to work!
- We prepare the job site by masking and draping the work area to protect your property.
- We remove knobs and other hardware.
- If needed, we will patch and fill any cracks and gaps in the wood to make it look new again.
Step 2: Cleaning
- We use our unique cleaning solution to clean the surfaces and draw dirt out of the porous wood. We remove dust and debris on and around the cabinets.
- To ensure the area is completely dust-free, we remove and clean air vents.
Step 3: Apply Finish
- We “remove the grain raise” which simply means making the wood smoother, and removing contaminants.
- Next, a sealer is applied.
- For a color change, we spray 3 to 5 coats of stain on each piece. (With color shift jobs, color coats are applied by hand.)
- Cabinets are then dried (often with a fan).
- We polish the cabinets before adding a finish. This is also known as burnishing.
Step 4: Apply Custom Color (applies to Color Shift and Color Change only)
- Next, a clear coat is applied to protect the stain from rubbing off in the future.
- After a short dry time, a second coat is applied.
- We will also use our proprietary topcoat called Lightspeed® so that your cabinets dry instantly.
Step 5 & 6 : Inspection & In-Home Maintenance
- We want you to be happy with the results so we inspect every cabinet piece and place it all back together. We then ask you to inspect your cabinets to ensure that everything meets your satisfaction.
- When your cabinet renewal is complete, we will leave you with care instructions. Every service includes a maintenance kit with more instructions and tools to care for your newly renewed cabinets.
- N-Hance of Chicago has a full customer satisfaction guarantee!