Questions and Answers to Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
As such, our services often invoke a number of questions from our potential customers. We’ve put together this Frequently Asked Questions page to hopefully assist in answering some of them.
- Q. What is N-Hance Wood Refinishing?
- Q. What is the N-Hance process?
- Q. Will the N-Hance process work on any wood floor or cabinets?
- Q. How long does the N-Hance finish last?
- Q. Can the N-Hance Revolutionary Wood Refinishing system work on a floor that has been hidden under a wall-to-wall carpet?
- Q. Does the N-Hance process work on cabinets?
- Q. I have deep scratches and dings in my floors. Can N-Hance remove those imperfections?
- Q. How long will it take?
- Q. Will the N-Hance process work on laminate flooring?
- Q. Will the N-Hance process work on Pre-Finished flooring?
- Q. With the N-Hance process can I change the color of my cabinets?
- Q. Will the N-Hance process work on pastel (white wash) finishes?
- Q. Does N-Hance provide In Home Estimates?
- Q. After the N-Hance process is complete how do I protect my new finish?
- Q. I have worn and stained areas from my pet, can N-Hance help?
Q. What is N-Hance Wood Refinishing?
A. N-Hance of the Triad offers a revolutionary process that restores the shine, shield, and luster to household and commercial wood surfaces. Our revolutionary and proprietary finishes are formulated by our own Research & Development team. Our R&D Team continually evaluates, improves, and tests our products to make sure they are category leaders with the industries best finishes.
- Prep and Detail the job site by masking and draping the job site to protect your property.
- Sweep and vacuum to remove dust from surrounding area. We even remove and clean any heat vents to ensure area is dust free.
- Patch and fill cracks and gaps. (Not required for all applications.)
- Hand clean the tight areas.
- Deep clean the floor surface. Hand Clean cabinet surfaces.
- Remove contaminants created by the N-Hance deep cleaning process.
- Fan dry
- Burnish before we apply the N-Hance proprietary finish.
Q. Will the N-Hance process work on any wood floor or cabinets?
A. Yes! There are over 22 species of wood used in residential and commercial flooring and cabinet applications. The N-Hance Revolutionary Wood Refinishing System is compatible with every type of wood and every type of wood floor or cabinet finish.
How long does the N-Hance finish last?
A. The longevity of your wood surface finish is dependent on several factors including floor traffic, pets, and your practice of maintenance. As far as protection from wear, you can expect many years of protection and durability.
Keep in mind that surface scratches are part of normal wear on your floor and cabinet finish. These can start becoming noticeable in as little as two years.
If surface scratches are a concern, we suggest our Clean and Recoat process.
Remember, the better you protect your wood surfaces from damage, the longer your finish will stay beautiful.
Q. Can the N-Hance Revolutionary Wood Refinishing system work on a floor that has been hidden under a wall-to-wall carpet?
A. Yes, we frequently refinish floors that have been covered with wall to wall carpet. Keep in mind that not all floors are candidates for the N-Hance process. Ask your N-Hance of the Triad technician for additional information.
Q. Does the N-Hance process work on cabinets?
A. Yes, N-Hance is ideal for cabinets and a great alternative to the high cost of cabinet replacement or refacing. We can bring back the shine, shield, and luster to any wood surface. We can also completely change the color of your cabinets.
Q. I have deep scratches and dings in my wood surfaces. Can N-Hance of the Triad remove those imperfections?
A. Yes! The N-Hance classic proprietary process can repair and camouflage defects in your wood surfaces. The only way to totally remove imperfections is to sand the surface of the wood. Our flooring services page covers in detail which service is appropriate for your home.
Q. How long will it take?
A. Usually your N-Hance technician is in and out of your home or office in 2-5 days. In most cases, you will have use of your floor within a 1-2 days. Most custom cabinet refinishing and door replacement projects last approx. 3-5 days, but with completely safe and functional access to those areas of your home. Ask your N-Hance of the Triad representative for details.
Q. Will the N-Hance of the Triad process work on laminate flooring?
A. No, N-Hance specializes in renewing the shine, shield and luster on all wood surfaces. A laminate floor is simply a photograph glued to a substrate with a plasticized coating. They cannot be refinished with the N-Hance process.
Q. Will the N-Hance process work on Pre-Finished flooring?
A. We love Pre-Finished or Factory Finished floors. Our classic, burnish process is ideal for this type of flooring.
Q. With the N-Hance process can I change the color of my cabinets?
A. Yes, with our revolutionary process we can change the color of your cabinets. With our Custom Color Cabinet Refinishing process we can do dramatic color change on your wood cabinets. Ask your N-Hance of the Triad technician for more details about changing the color of your wood surfaces.
A. Yes, we can restore worn areas, correct ambering (yellowing), and renew the luster to your pastel finishes.
During the estimate, we also provide advice and information on proper wood care. Since your wood floors and cabinets are one of the largest expenses in your home it is important that you understand what the N-Hance process can do.
Our office is open Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM during which you may call (336)645-3390
You may also fill out an Estimate Form online 24/7!
Q. After the N-Hance process is complete how do I protect my new finish?
A. Your N-Hance of the Triad technician will talk to you about proper care and maintenance of your new N-Hance finish. Your technician will also review cleaning instructions, use of furniture pads, pet instructions, and traffic on your new N-Hance finish.
Q. I have worn and stained areas from my pet, can N-Hance help?
A. In most cases, many people do not understand that the pads of dog’s feet are like sandpaper. Every time your dog goes from a dead stop to a full run he/she is sanding the surface of your floor with their paws.
The N-Hance floor finish is self leveling and will fill in surface scratches that are created by household pets. Pets must remain off of your new N-Hance finish for a specific amount of time. Ask your N-Hance of the Triad technician for additional information.