Hiring a cabinet refinishing company is no small decision. While refinishing is less expensive than recoloring or refacing your cabinets, it’s still a significant investment. What’s more, your new cabinets will be with you for years to come. Choosing the wrong refinishing company could leave you with lackluster cabinets instead of the picture-perfect kitchen you’ve always envisioned.
Nobody knows the importance of choosing the right cabinet refinishing company better than we do at N-Hance®. Thanks to our unique refinishing process, we deliver a durable, attractive, factory-like finish in less time and for less money than traditional refinishing. With thousands of projects under our belt, we’ve seen the difference made by great refinishing companies.
Unsure what to look for in a local cabinet refinishing company? We suggest starting with the following nine qualities…
Qualities You Need from a Cabinet Refinishing Company
- Attractive Finishes. Cabinets are one of the most visible and distinctive features of any kitchen. So, if you’re investing the time and money to have your cabinets professionally refinished, it’s important that you find a cabinet refinishing company that delivers attractive results. A refinishing company should be able to provide finish samples, photos of completed projects, and testimonials from satisfied clients attesting to the quality of their work.
- Range of Options. When you’re updating your kitchen, it’s important that you find the right look for your cabinets. Even if you’re simply refinishing your cabinets, a matte finish will give your kitchen a much different feel than a gloss or semi-gloss finish. If you already have a look in mind, make sure that you find a cabinet refinishing company that can live up to your vision. If you’re unsure which type of finish will look best, find a company that offers plenty of options.
- Expert Consultations. The planning stages of a cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months. However long this process takes, it will be a lot easier if you can turn to experts for guidance. A great cabinet refinishing company will be more than happy to provide guidance and samples during the planning stages of your project, while also talking you through the timeline, logistics, and pricing of refinishing your cabinets.
- Affordable Pricing. While cabinet refinishing costs significantly less than cabinet refacing or replacement, it’s still a significant investment. So it’s important that you find a cabinet refinishing company that’s well-suited to your needs and your budget. When you contact different companies, speak with them about pricing to get a general sense of project costs. If you proceed to an in-home consultation, ask for a detailed estimate before making any kind of commitment.
- Minimal Downtime. Traditional cabinet refinishing methods can take time and cause significant disruptions for homeowners. However, some cabinet refinishing companies, like N-Hance, use products and technologies that speed up the refinishing process. This minimizes the amount of time it takes to refinish cabinets and reduces the disruptions faced by homeowners.
- Family-Friendly Process. In addition to lengthy downtime, traditional cabinet refinishing methods also come with health and safety concerns. Refinishing can produce significant levels of wood dust via sanding and VOCs via stains and sealants. Both wood dust and VOCs can cause mild to severe respiratory problems if inhaled. You can avoid these concerns by choosing a cabinet refinishing company that uses a more modern, family-friendly process. At N-Hance, for example, our Lightspeed® system eliminates the need for sanding and produces minimal VOCs.
- Attention to Detail. On refinishing projects, it is easy to cut corners and rush important steps. If wood is not thoroughly cleaned and prepped prior to refinishing, you can end up with flawed results or a compromised finish. So, before you hire a cabinet refinishing company, you should be confident that they will do a thorough, detailed job of both prepping and refinishing your cabinets.
- Durable Results. When you refinish wooden cabinets, the results should last for years to come. This will depend on the quality of the products, techniques, and methods used by your refinishing company. Before committing to a refinishing project, it’s worthwhile to ask about the longevity of their finishes, including their resistance to scuffs, scratches, stains, and discoloration.
- Excellent Reviews. There is no better gauge of a cabinet refinishing company than the words of that company’s customers. Before contacting a refinishing company, research their reputation through sites like Google, Facebook, Yelp, HomeAdvisor, and Houzz.
Looking for a cabinet refinishing company near you? You can find the reputable and reliable cabinet refinishing company you want with N-Hance! Call (855) 642-6230 to connect with your local N-Hance office and schedule a FREE refinishing estimate.