Now might seem like an early time to plan ahead for the holiday season. But if you’re hosting family for this year, or if you’ve moved into a new home that requires a little TLC, you should be thinking of how you’ll get your kitchen in shape for the season. And if your kitchen has scuffed, scratched, or faded cabinets now’s the ideal time to book a cabinet restoration service.
At N-Hance®, we know the pressure of remodeling on a deadline. While our cabinet restoration services take only a week on standard projects, we encourage homeowners to start planning these projects ahead of time. This way, you’ll have plenty of time to research your options, make styling decisions, map out a timeline, and complete the job in time for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, or Christmas.
To help you get your kitchen in picture-perfect shape for the holidays, we’ve compiled some tips on how to research, plan, and schedule a cabinet restoration project in time for the holiday season.
How to Plan a Cabinet Restoration for the Holidays
When you’re remodeling on a deadline, it’s never too early to schedule cabinet restoration services. This is particularly true during autumn. Many homeowners take advantage of the back-to-school season to perform renovations, leading to limited availability for contractors and decorators.
If you’re hoping to complete a kitchen remodeling or redecoration project for the holidays, we recommend contacting your local N-Hance office at least 4 to 6 weeks before your deadline. This should ensure booking availability while giving you adequate time to plan your project.
Here’s a quick look at how your local N-Hance will help you plan, schedule, and accomplish your cabinet restoration in time for the holiday season:
- 1. We start by discussing your project over the phone, giving us a basic sense of what you are planning, including the type of wood and the condition of your cabinets. Meanwhile, you’ll get a basic sense of what to expect in terms of timeline, pricing, styling options, and other factors.
- 2. After this initial discussion, we will schedule an in-home consultation. This will allow us to measure your cabinets, inspect their condition in more detail, and provide a detailed pricing and time frame estimate.
- 3. At this stage, we also provide guidance and consultation to help you make styling decisions. Your local N-Hance representative can show you samples of different finishes and/or recoloring options. We can also help you coordinate your cabinet finish and/or color with other design changes you might be making, like new counters or hardware.
- 4. The refinishing process itself typically takes a full week for a standard cabinet restoration. On our initial visit, our team will remove your cabinet doors, and refinish your cabinet frames. Once your frames are fully treated, we will bring your cabinet doors to our shop for restoration.
- 5. Once your cabinet doors are at our shop, they will be cleaned, prepped, and refinished using our Lightspeed® UV curing system. The entire process typically takes no more than a few days. We will then bring your refinished cabinet doors back to your home and remount them on your cabinet frames, giving you the picture-perfect cabinets you’ve always wanted.
While most of our cabinet restoration projects only take a week to finish, there are exceptions to this rule. Larger projects sometimes take a few extra days to complete, while cabinet color changes can add significant time to the refinishing process. If you have a larger kitchen or you’re planning on changing the color of your cabinets, we suggest contacting your local N-Hance well in advance of your deadline.
Start planning your cabinet restoration project with N-Hance today! Call (855) 642-6230 to get started.