Have you made the decision to go ahead with kitchen cabinet refacing? You might think it’s smooth sailing from here on out. However, with countless options to consider, there are still many selections to navigate before you reach your final destination: a newly transformed kitchen.
Where do you begin? And how can you find a design you’ll love today and for years to come? There’s a lot to think about and many decisions to make. N-Hance® is here to help. While trends come and go, below we’ve outlined a few timeless selections that are here to stay.
Classic Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Door Styles
From full and partial overlay to raised panel, recessed panel, slab doors and more, the options seem endless when it comes considering door and drawer styles. However, if you’re looking for a classic option you will love now and in the future, consider the following:
- A traditional raised panel. This is a look that never goes out of style. It offers more decorative aesthetics and contours when compared to modern, sleek cabinets, yet without going overboard and appearing too fussy. It’s the type of door that will be beautiful today and down the line.
- Shaker cabinets. Shaker cabinets have grown in popularity in recent years. The design aesthetics of these are simple and clean. With its straight, square lines, it offers a perfect blend of minimalism, still with a touch of the traditional. If you’re unsure of what design direction to head in – contemporary or classic – Shaker could be the right choice for you.
- Beadboard. If you like Shaker cabinets, but want to add some flair, consider beadboard when refacing your kitchen cabinets. These have similar lines, except they’re accented in the center with a beadboard panel. This adds visual interest and charm, giving your cabinets a more rustic appearance than Shaker doors.
- Glass front. If you’d like to create some drama in your kitchen, you can add glass front cabinets on one accent wall, or throughout the upper cabinets. These are stylish and beautiful, offering you the opportunity to display fine china, designer dishware, or other decorative items.
During the decision process, keep in mind that people change their kitchens approximately every 10-15 years. So you want to make kitchen cabinet refacing choices you can live with for a decade or longer. If you invest in quality cabinets with a classic look, you’ll have a much better chance of doing that. As a result, you can avoid another remodel in just a few years time.
In addition, classic cabinet styles will match nearly anything, so you have the freedom to make other, less costly changes more frequently. You’ll be able to update decor – like area rugs, hardware, paint color, and lighting – as your taste evolves over the years and still enjoy beautiful cabinets that mesh well.
Classic Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Colors
Like door style, color will play a big part in the look and feel of your space. The color you choose can make your kitchen seem light and airy, or rich and dramatic, depending on your vision. While there are endless selections you can consider, here’s a look at a few classics:
- White or cream. In recent years, white has become the most requested cabinet color for homeowners. However, it’s been a popular choice for decades and for good reason. It’s neutral, matches any floors and appliances, and can be easily refreshed by changing out a backsplash or countertops. You can also choose a similar color like cream or ivory. This will add a touch of warmth that will complement your classic door style.
- Black or navy. If you’re looking for an elegant, timeless color with more drama or a sense of luxury, consider a darker hue, like black or navy. These deep colors will pop against a lighter countertop and flooring. They can also add a touch of sophistication to your kitchen that will stand the test of time.
- Gray or greige. Gray is another option that has seen a big boost in kitchen cabinet refacing projects in recent years. It’s neutral enough to go with many different colors, hardware choices and other fixtures, yet it also adds a touch of color. Greige is a mix of gray and beige and is on the warmer side of the color spectrum. Whatever you choose, both options offer a sense of peace and calm to a space that experiences a lot of action.
Call N-Hance for a Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Look That’s Timeless
If you’re still uncertain about what style or color to choose when you’re refacing your kitchen cabinets, contact N-Hance. We can help you make a design selection you’ll love, from your doors and drawer fronts to the color, finish, hardware, and more. We’ll walk you through all of your options to ensure you make a decision that’s the right fit for your home and life.
We have a range of cabinet door styles, as well as colors, to select from. In fact, we offer a standard palette that comes with 12 colors, from Pure White and Arctic Wind to Willow Bark, Soothing Gray, and Top Hat Black. If, however, there’s a different hue you have in mind, simply bring us a sample, so we can match it.
We’ll also bring samples of our design styles and colors to your home, so you can see the ones you’re interested in directly in your space. Whichever one speaks to you, we can bring it to life in your kitchen, quickly and affordably.
If you’d like to learn more about kitchen cabinet refacing and choosing a timeless option, call your local N-Hance at (855) 642-6230 today to set up a FREE design consultation.