At N-Hance®, we take a unique approach to refacing cabinets. While traditional refacing methods are great for updating cabinet doors and drawer fronts, cabinet boxes are a different story. Most cabinet refacing services will update cabinet boxes with veneers, which are easier to damage and harder to maintain than hardwood cabinet exteriors.
N-Hance uses a different technique for cabinet boxes when refacing cabinets. Our technique updates the look of your cabinet boxes while maintaining the integrity of the original hardwood.
Traditional Cabinet Refacing Services
If you’re refacing cabinets the traditional way, you’re replacing your cabinet doors and drawer fronts. This allows you to update the style of your cabinetry and reshape your kitchen’s appearance.
But on refacing projects, your cabinet frames and boxes stay in place. This means that you’ll need to update the exteriors of your cabinet boxes in a matching style. Traditional boxes refacing services accomplish this by applying wood veneers or thermofoil veneers to the cabinet box.
Problems with Veneers
While veneers can produce attractive results, they’re an imperfect solution. Here are a few of the biggest concerns that come with using veneers when refacing cabinets.
- Prone to Water Damage. Wood veneers can be prone to water damage, which can cause the veneer to bubble or warp. And while thermofoil veneers are water resistant, they aren’t entirely waterproof. If water gets beneath the surface, the underlying material can start to rot.
- Easily Damaged. Wood veneers can be as thin as 1/40 of an inch, making them prone to dents and scratches. Meanwhile, thermofoil veneers are prone to chipping and peeling, and they’re sensitive to hot temperatures.
- Tough to Resurface. Most wood veneers can only withstand light sanding, making it difficult to repair or refinish damaged veneers. Thermofoil is even harder to repair or resurface. And if you want to get rid of thermofoil veneers, you may need to completely replace your cabinets.
- Wood Dust & Fumes. Applying veneers to existing cabinet boxes can be a messy and disruptive process. This process can generate wood dust from sanding and toxic fumes from adhesives, both of which are hazardous to your family’s respiratory health.
Refacing Cabinets with N-Hance
Our process for refacing cabinets is comparable to traditional refacing in a number of ways. As with traditional refacing, we can update both the style and color of your cabinet doors and drawer fronts by replacing them with new models.
But unlike traditional refacing services, we don’t use veneers to update your cabinet boxes. Instead, we apply a custom finish that matches your new cabinet doors and drawers. This way, you can retain the integrity and beauty of the original hardwood.
Benefits of N-Hance Refacing
Wondering if N-Hance is the right choice for your cabinet refacing needs. Below are five key reasons why homeowners choose N-Hance for refacing cabinets.
- Styling Options. N-Hance can update the style of your cabinet doors and drawer fronts in practically any style, including traditional, flat panel, and Shaker style cabinetry. Our range of custom colors also gives you endless options for the tone, shade, and finish of your new cabinets.
- Custom Finishes. Rather than update your cabinet boxes with veneers, we apply a new finish to the existing hardwood. Thanks to N-Hance custom colors and our Lightspeed® refinishing system, we can easily update your boxes in whatever color, style, or finish you choose, matching perfectly with your cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
- Durable Results. Our finishes score exceptionally well for durability and resilience, so you don’t need to worry about dents, scratches, or water damage the way you would with veneers. This same highly durable finish is applied to your cabinet doors and drawer fronts, shielding your cabinets from wear and tear.
- Easy to Resurface. By maintaining the integrity of your original cabinet boxes, we make it easy to recolor, repair, or reface your boxes in the future. This can save you money down the road and preserve the value of your cabinets.
- Zero Dust or Fumes. With N-Hance cabinet refacing services, you don’t need to worry about wood dust or toxic fumes from adhesive. Our process requires zero sanding and generates zero fumes or lingering odors.
Want to learn more about refacing cabinets with N-Hance? Call (855) 642-6230 today to connect with your local N-Hance, book a consultation, and request a FREE estimate for cabinet refacing.