Do you have older cabinets in your kitchen or bathroom? Ones that look like they pre-date you? If that sounds familiar, then you’re probably itching to change them. A total overhaul of your kitchen might not be in your budget, but cabinet painting can provide an affordable pathway to a whole new look.
Before you begin work, though, you likely have a few questions in mind. To help you navigate your way through the cabinet painting process, N-Hance® answers a few of the most common questions we get asked. Get answers now, so you know what to expect and don’t have to worry about any unpleasant surprises along the way.
Can I Paint My Cabinets Myself?
It certainly depends on a number of variables, from your level of expertise to the extra time you have to tackle a job like this. It’s important to remember that cabinet painting takes time, patience, and a fair amount of expertise. If the process goes sideways, it can be hard to recover from. So, while this is a project that can be handled on your own, it is recommended to get professional help if you want the best possible results.
What is the N-Hance Cabinet Painting Process Like?
When you hire the professionals at N-Hance, we follow a stringent process so that we’re able to produce great-looking cabinets both quickly and affordably. It includes:
- First washing cabinets with our proprietary cleaning agents to remove all the grease, grime and other build-up that is commonly found on kitchen cabinets. Proper cleaning will ensure that our custom colors adhere thoroughly and there is no risk of peeling.
- All hardware, such as hinges, handles and drawer pulls are also removed. We’ll also cover and protect all your appliances, countertops, and floors to ensure they’re not damaged in any way while we’re painting your cabinets.
- We then prime your cabinets with a specially formulated cabinet primer to ensure proper adhesion. Not only is it designed to stand up to the heavy wear and tear that kitchens and bathrooms receive, but it also blocks stains and prevents bleedthrough.
- We’ll then apply your custom finishing solution using a spraying technique that produces a factory-like finish. The product we use is also specifically formulated for cabinets. It’s not latex-based, like paint used on interior walls, but instead made from a water-based polyurethane material and combined with acrylic tinting formulas. This leads to a finish that’s durable and longer-lasting, so you don’t have to worry about scratches, nicks, or dents.
- N-Hance then uses our Lightspeed® technology to instantly cure the cabinet surface after painting is complete. This provides a rock-hard coating that’s designed to last. Not only that, but since the curing is immediate, you don’t have to wait days – or even hours – to use your cabinets.
What are Some Other Benefits of Using N-Hance for Cabinet Painting?
There are a wide range of benefits, from cost savings to a healthier approach to cabinet painting. For instance, when you choose N-Hance for cabinet painting, you can expect to pay just a fraction of what you would with other options. In fact, a custom finish is 1/3rd the cost of refacing your cabinets and 1/5th the cost of replacing them.
In addition, our Lightspeed technology also comes with an antimicrobial property. This helps to reduce bacteria left behind on cabinets by up to 99%*, leaving your kitchen or bathroom and your home a healthier and safer place to be.
Likewise, there are no funny-smelling fumes with our process, so you never have to worry about family members breathing them in. It’s because our products have a lower level of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), producing little or no harmful odors.
How Do I Choose the Right Color?
At N-Hance, we offer endless options to consider in terms of color finishes for cabinet painting. We can also mix any tint, tone, or shade, giving you a full spectrum of possibilities.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with the selection process, you can rest confidently in our expert help. One of our design specialists will work directly with you to help you select a color that will not only look great, but complement your existing space. You can also view samples at home to get a better sense of which color is truly right for you.
How Long Does it Take to Complete the Job?
The exact number of days depends on the size of your kitchen or bathroom and the number of cabinets. However, with our cabinet painting process, you can typically get a whole new look in just a matter of days. On top of that, when you hand off the job to our experts, you don’t have to cut into your already busy schedule or worry about making a mistake. You can simply take advantage of our cost-friendly option and professional-looking results.
How Long Does Your Cabinet Painting Last?
Your results should last for many years. We use an approach that produces a factory-like finish, which means it’s extremely high-quality and durable. However, the exact time frame depends on how much use and foot traffic there is in and out of your kitchen or bathroom each day. When you contact N-Hance, talk to one of our specialists about how you use your space and we can tell you more about what to expect with the process, walking you through every step of it, including longevity.
Interested in giving your kitchen or bathroom a fresh face with our cabinet painting service? Call your local N-Hance at (855) 642-6230 today to request a FREE estimate.
*Based on results from an independent lab using Lightspeed Plus™ anti-microbial U.V. finish.