If you’re planning a cabinet color change, the big question is: what color do you choose? Today, there are literally a rainbow of options available, making it an overwhelming decision. It’s also an expensive one you’ll have to live with, even if you don’t love it. The stakes are certainly high.
Let the team at N-Hance® help with the process. Not only are we experts in executing cabinet color change projects, but we also help homeowners choose the right hue for their new kitchen cabinets. We understand the different factors to take into account and how these can all impact the end result. We’ll offer your expert recommendations and even bring samples to your home to see in the space.
If you don’t like one of the colors from our color palette, we can custom blend one to match any sample you provide. With the team at N-Hance, it’s all about you and bringing your unique vision to life.
In the meantime, here are some tips for making the right choice for your cabinet color change project:
Consider the Size of Your Space
The size of your kitchen plays an important role in your final decision. If you have a small, narrow or tight space, a dark color is going to make it seem even smaller. On the other hand, white or another light color will open your space up, so it appears larger.
Consider the Lighting
If you don’t have a lot of natural lighting, the little light you do have will get absorbed in dark colored cabinets. This again can make the whole space feel gloomy and overwhelming. Light colors, on the other hand, reflect light, enlarging and brightening the space.
Consider Your Lifestyle
White cabinets are certainly the most popular trend these days when it comes to changing colors. However, it will show fingerprints and dirt more than other colors. t’s important to consider your lifestyle and just how much cleaning and maintenance you want to do. If you have a lot of sticky fingers in your household, it might be wiser to opt for something other than stark white.
Consider What Will Stand the Test of Time
Bright yellow or royal blue might sound exciting and dramatic at the moment. However, consider what color will stand the test of time. Will these colors make sense in a year or two? Or will the novelty wear off? It’s your decision at the end of the day, but it pays to consider the long-term when it comes to a big project like this.
Your best bet is to pick something more neutral for your cabinets, then choose dramatic colors or designs for hardware, wall paint, decor, and other areas that are easier and less expensive to change in the future.
Cabinet Color Change Trends
Your cabinets are truly the centerpiece of your kitchen. They take up most of the space and are the first thing to get noticed when walking into your kitchen. It’s why making this decision is so important. You want a color that offers some contrast, but also complements the existing space. It can feel like a tricky balance to get right. To help you, here are some current color trends to consider:
- White. White has been and is still the most popular color choice for cabinet changes. It’s light, airy and goes well when paired with almost any existing space.
- Off-White. Off-white, like cream or ivory, are other classic yet popular colors to consider. While white tends to stand out in a more modern space, off-white is ideal if you’re looking for a more traditional feel.
- Green. Green evokes a sense of calm and serenity. There are many shades available for cabinets, from sage green to emerald to evening forest and more. This color will bring a sense of energy and vibrancy to your space.
- Blue. Blue is another color that’s become popular in recent years. Most often, customers choose a soft blue hue or navy. A lighter tone will feel peaceful, while a darker color will offer more drama.
- Brown. There are many shades of brown to consider, from light tan to a dark espresso. If you have quality, hardwood cabinets, you might want to strip and refinish your cabinets instead of a color change. This will highlight their natural beauty.
- Black. Black is another popular color. It’s an elegant option that feels way more glamorous and sophisticated than white. Just make sure you have the space and light for this dark hue.
Get Started with Your Cabinet Color Change Project
If you’re ready for a complete color change for your cabinets – but still aren’t sure what to choose – give N-Hance a call. We’ll schedule a free consultation and can discuss your unique space and style.
We’ll talk about square footage, lighting, your lifestyle and other important considerations. We’ll also make recommendations so you feel confident in your final choice. With help from our expert team, you’ll have a radically transformed kitchen in no time.
If you’d like to learn more about our cabinet color change service and the difference it will make in your kitchen, call your local N-Hance at (855) 642-6230 today to set up a FREE design consultation.