Just because your kitchen is where you cook and eat doesn’t mean it has to be overly casual. In fact, you can get a kitchen that’s glamorous and functional with the right approach. It starts by repainting your kitchen cabinets. With a fresh coat of paint in place, you can style your kitchen in a more exciting way. Here are some tips to get started.
Choosing Cabinet Paint Colors for a Glamorous Kitchen
As the saying goes “beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” So, when it comes to glamming up your kitchen, it depends on your vision of what is “glamorous.” However, before you pick a color, try to find online images of looks you like. This will make it easier to achieve your goals and bring your dream kitchen to life. Some different options to consider along the way include:
An all-white kitchen is the height of glamorous. Just make sure if you’re headed in this design direction, it’s a fit for your busy life. If you have small children and pets, it can make an all-white kitchen a huge hassle. Otherwise, this is a great choice to achieve a striking look with plenty of “wow.” If you opt for all-white, consider hanging bright artwork with reds, pinks, oranges, blues, or other pops of color in your kitchen for that super glam look.
Another approach when repainting your kitchen cabinets is to use contrasting colors. For instance, paint your cabinets black, green, or navy blue, and then choose white for the countertops and flooring, if you’re planning to upgrade either. This contrast is interesting and sophisticated, bringing up the glam factor several notches.
A Bold Color Choice
If you’re repainting your cabinets, the color you choose makes a big difference in the kind of statement your kitchen makes. If you want to go glam, then go bold with the paint color. For instance, think deep, dark teal for your cabinets paired with gold hardware and gold bar stools at the island with a zebra print on the fabric.
High Gloss Finish
When you want to achieve a modern, glamorous aesthetic, a high-gloss finish will also do the trick. It will make your kitchen cabinets look and feel special, whereas matte or semigloss are more practical and every day.
Replace Solid Doors with Glass Doors
In addition to repainting your kitchen cabinets, you can also replace some of the solid doors – for instance, in a corner or along one accent wall – with glass panel doors. This will not only lighten up your kitchen but also make it more attractive and visually interesting. You’ll also have the space to show off high-end vases, heirloom china plates, artwork, and other special pieces. You can even add lighting to further enhance the cabinets and showcase what’s inside.
Styling Your Kitchen After Repainting Your Cabinets
Once the process of repainting your kitchen cabinets is complete, the work is not over. There are many ways to further elevate the space and infuse more glamour into it. Some tips for doing that include:
- Using color in fabrics. Patterned window treatments or area rugs can add texture and beauty to your new kitchen.
- Opting for elegant countertops. If you have old or dated countertops, replace them with something new, such as marble, quartz, or granite.
- Going big with the backsplash. Another way to get more glamour in your kitchen is with the right backsplash. Choose something that complements your new cabinets, but is also exciting and unique, like high-gloss subway tile in a herringbone pattern.
- Lighting up your kitchen. Lighting is just another way to infuse more glamour into your kitchen. There are endless possibilities, but the best approach is to use a metal on your fixtures that pairs with your new cabinet hardware. For instance, if you have gold hardware, then a vintage gold chandelier over the kitchen table will offer a stylish touch.
- Putting mirrors to use. Another way to glam up a space is with shiny metallic surfaces. For instance, instead of hanging artwork, hang mirrors around your kitchen or choose mirror-style tile for your backsplash.
If you’d like professional help painting your kitchen cabinets, turn to the cabinet makeover specialists at N-Hance®. We can take an everyday kitchen and make it extraordinary. Call (855) 642-6230 for a free consultation and quote.